Sunday 12 September 2010

Gratitude

As today is my birthday, I would like to dedicate this posting to something really worthwhile and long overdue. I would like to use this venue to reflect on this one year that has passed and say a special “thank you” to all those who have helped make it a success.

My first gratitude goes to the God Almighty for his kindness, love and protection; and for my good health, sound mind and means of sustenance. On a day like this, I have to thank my parents as well for helping make me such a nice guy ;)

It has been a very eventful, adventurous and life changing year. On my last birthday, which was celebrated at the Cardiff Bay where we got carried away and got lost in the dark exploring the amazing beauty of the Bay area, I was still contemplating my next life move and fine tuning the remaining details. Today I feel very much at home not just in Norwich, but in most places in Norfolk and Suffolk where my present job is based. There are so many beautiful places here too like Bury St Edmunds, Framlingham Castle, Sheringham and Cromer. You bet these places have been explored.

The move to Norwich reminded me of my teens when my wings were very strong and as one of my best friends once told me then that my limits were above the sky. It has turned out to seem that my wings are still in tact…

My special thanks go to the following people:

My partner, Inese, for her unflinching support in good and bad times.
To all course mates and friends in Cardiff, especially Vilem, Shalini and Naeem
To my landlord Keith for hospitality and professionalism
To my managers Suzie and Ed for making me feel so welcome, and of course to the rest of the team-Matt, Phil, James, Rob, and Gillian.
To all the business partners both in Local Authorities, Communities and events.
To all the friends made at Norfolk Evolve courses
To all the nice people at St Andrews Church.

The list is endless but I will not forget to add all the Facebook and draugiem friends and Twitter comrades. No matter how much people criticize Facebook, I have to admit it should take over the slogan “Connecting People” from Nokia. It reminds me of the much talked about “Last Day” when all humans will resurrect. It is amazing to have uprooted friends and acquaintances from different parts of my life: CIC Enugu in Nigeria, Donetsk in Ukraine, Latvia, United , ENAR, Olde Vechte, and so on. Thank you to you all!
I don’t live online but thanks to the wireless internet from my mobile phone, I peep in once in a while to view your updates.

Some of the things I started doing since my last birthday include blogging once again and tweeting. I have also read lots of books thanks to the Norfolk library. I have watched a lot of documentaries and educational programs thanks to iplayer and channel 4oD. I  have also been a bit addicted to Wikipedia perusing it for facts and background stories.

One thing I miss so much is dancing. My body is just crying for it…
Any suggestions?

Being grateful is actually a big part of the theme of this blog. Afterall, they say that what goes around comes around. Isn't that sustainable?

As I spend this day in Latvia with two people who mean the world to me, I ask you all to wish me well.

Please join the party below. Cheers!

To My Health!



Related Articles:

Christopher Ejugbo is a man of many hats

6 comments:

  1. Happy happy Birth Day!!!!!!
    P.S. I miss dancing too. So now we are two :)
    Anda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,

    I hope you have a fantastic day! And keep enjoying life in Norwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, u r in Latvia, and I didn't know about it, shoot. Well virtual kisses to u :) And there is one story that u have not finished... I.G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oga NEPA, Haba, you go don reach 50 years old now ooo. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR FRIEND.
    kunle Adeniran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Chris. To long life and happiness. I hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the dancing front Chris, try salsa, it has turned my husband absolutely mad, he is so into it.

    ReplyDelete