Friday 1 November 2013

Another New Beginning

I have done it again. I have often described myself as a nomad with no permanent home. You might also want to see me as a citizen of the earth ready to settle wherever destiny calls. It's yet another new beginning in a new city and this time I am really really excited about it. On Monday 4th November I will be starting a new career as a PMO Risk Analyst with Distribution Network Operator (DNO) in London.

I have spent quite a while looking for a suitable new assignment after my last fixed term contract ended. There are so many things I could have ended up doing including being a PMO analyst with a high street retailer, Senior Stakeholder Engagement Executive, Energy Expert in government procurement service. But there is something about this new role that is so close to my heart.

I am an analyst by nature, and especially from my last role I developed a great passion for risk management out of every other aspect of project management. I read through the job description and feel the role was designed with me in mind. It's indeed a career I am looking forward to.

This new career is also already life changing even before I start. It has involved moving cities from Norwich to London. There is something really magical about being in London. It's like being at the centre of the universe with access to the best educational resources and other facilities in the world. For one thing, I think I am going to be more enlightened being here. 

Socially, I also already have a few friends living here and hope to meet a lot more people. There are  definitely no scarcity of venues for socializing. So I hope to be swinging my waist very soon to Caribbean and African music, and if time permits might even join some Gospel music or reggae band.

Back to work, what do I expect to get out of my new career path. Well, I hope and actually plan to become an authority in risk management. To achieve that, I plan to grasp as much knowledge as possible; I plan to network; I plan to be really creative; and I plan to share my new findings with you all. I also hope to make good friends and build partnerships.

And if you are wondering how risk management fits into sustainability, I would tell you it is at the very heart of it.
 Just as sustainability talks about the future generation, risk management is about controlling the future.


So cheers to my new beginning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment